European Firearms Pass

Important Information

Dear Members,
Many of you may be travelling to other countries to shoot and apart from the specific Import Licenses you may also require a “European Firearms Pass”.(EFP) You are advised to contact your Shotgun Licensing Authority and request the pass. Generally it’s free and the police authority will already have your photograph on file.

It is VERY important to ensure the information on the EFP is exactly the same as that on your Shotgun Certificate.

Import information for Ireland and Northern Ireland is available on this site (LINK)

You are also reminded, you should always carry your Shotgun Certificate with you whenever travelling in Scotland or abroad. This is your proof of ownership and that you are allowed to have a shotgun in your possession. Without such proof your guns could be confiscated immediately.

SCTA Management Board